Monday, February 15, 2010

Making me a safe(r) driver with tech.

[OK, before you think my composition skills have reverted to my freshman year, read the entire paragraph, OK?]

It is one of my favorite apps now. I needed some way to send simple e-mail messages and texts when I am on the road from Atlanta to Athens. It is far too dangerous to type. I have come to [too] close to reader [rear] end collisions too many times. I need to talk and have my spoken words converted to text. It is called speech recognition. It has existed in several inferior forms for years. But now dragon dictation [Dragon Dictation -- http://www.nuance.com/talk/] has created an iPhone app that does speech to text. And it does it very well. So all I do is start decaf [the app], press the record button and talk.
After I am gone [done], I still have to do a couple of things with that [the] keyboard to send out that [the] text. That is really more apples [Apple’s] fall [fault] than dragons [Dragon’s]. I promise that I pull over to the side of the road to do those things. Okay, I do the e-mail link [emailing] at the mini [many] stop lights on 316. So are you wondering if it really works?
I spoke this pairing draft [paragraph]. I didn't type it. Dragon converted it. I have left in all the areas [errors] too. Cool, hey? Oh yes. It is free to [too].

[And, yeah, it is ironic that Dragon missed the word “error” isn’t it?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home